Brigham Young Chapter records
Brigham Young Chapter records
Collection contains materials pertaining to the Sons of Utah Pioneers, particularly the Brigham Young University Chapter, including articles, correspondence, newsletters and magazines, handbooks, and notes. Papers pertaining to the scholarship application process and awards from the Brigham Young Chapter of Sons of Utah Pioneers are also included. Varied photographs from throughout the collection depicting members and activities of the chapter are contained as well. Contents are dated from 1955 to 2013.
- Extent: 5 boxes (2.5 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: National Society, Sons of Utah Pioneers. Brigham Young Chapter
- Call Number: MSS 8323
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Donor restricted until January 2019; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Maintained in the original order, generally within chronological years.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Brigham Young Chapter records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8323; Brigham Young Chapter records; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8323, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- This material was donated by Thomas Alexander to L. Tom Perry Special Collections in December of 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Thomas Alexander; December 2013.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Social Life and Customs; Family; Mormon pioneers--Utah; National Society, Sons of Utah Pioneers. Brigham Young Chapter
- Genre / Form
- Student records; Articles; Letters; Newsletters; Photographs; Notes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor; and John M. Murphy, curator; 2013. Processed; McKinley Griffin, student manuscript processor; and John M. Murphy, curator; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brigham Young Chapter records
- Finding Aid Author
- Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-04-15 14:14:10 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Brigham Young Chapter of the Sons of Utah Pioneers (BYSUP) (est. 1933) activities support the National Society's missions of preserving the memory and heritage of the early pioneers of the Utah Territory.
BYSUP honors the pioneers of the past and present for their faith, devotion, loyalty, hard work, service, courage, integrity, and determination.
BYSUP encourages youth in the same qualities through the Provo Pioneer Village, essay projects, scholarships, and recognition events. They also maintain organization integrity through monthly dinner meetings, trecks and tours, and by recognizing modern-day pioneers.
comments powered by Disqus