Colton W. Hill papers
Colton W. Hill papers
Collection contains materials that are connected to service in the US Army in 1945-1946, and serving in Southwest Asia, Egypt, and Europe. It includes newspapers, several US magazines, tour flyers, military orders promoting Hill, and a letter from a friend back home.
- Extent: 17 oversize folders (0.5 linear ft.). -- 1 half box (0.25 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hill, Colton W., 1912-1987
- Call Number: MSS 8327
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Colton W. Hill papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8327; Colton W. Hill papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8327, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Roger and Allene West in 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Roger and Allene West; 2013.
- Subject Terms
- United States. Army--Military life; Egypt; Israel; Palestine; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Military records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Margaret Weddle; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hill (Colton W.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Margaret Weddle; 2013
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-27T16:35-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Colton Wetten Zimro Hill (1912-1987) served in the US Army in World War 2, and collected newspapers from Europe, Southwest Asia, and Egypt in 1945-1946.
Colton W. Hill was born on January 13, 1912, in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, to parents William S. Hill and Emily M. Hill. He emigrated to the United States in 1914 and lived in California. On August 8, 1941, he married Minnie (Bonnie) Wright. In 1945, he entered the military, enlisting for the duration of the war, and spent some time in Europe, Southwest Asia, and Egypt, where he collected US military newspapers pertaining to the events of the day. He died on September 29, 1987, in Lynwood, California.
comments powered by Disqus