Christa Grix papers
Christa Grix papers
This collection includes a photograph of the attendees, and Christa's presentation notes from the 1995 American Harp Society Midcentral Regional Mini-Conference in Monticello, Illinois. Her presentation was called Fine-Tuning Your Harp Career. This collection is currently incomplete. Christa intends on adding more installments to her papers regarding her career as a harpist. Dated 1995.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Grix, Christa
- Call Number: MSS 8393
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Christa Grix papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8393; Christa Grix papers; Music; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8393, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were owned and created by Christa Grix. She donated them to the International Harp Archive via David Day.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Christa Grix; January 9, 2014.
- Subject Terms
- American Harp Society. National Conference; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Harpists--United States
- Genre / Form
- Notes; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Jenna Faulkner, Music Special Collections Research Assistant; February 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Prominent Harpists, (Section IV.a.i. International Harp Collection Development Policy January 2011).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- UPB_MSS 8393
- Finding Aid Title
- Grix (Christa) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Jenna Faulkner
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-04T12:06-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Christa Grix (1956- ) is a prominent jazz and pop harpist in the area of Northville, Michigan.
Christa Grix was born on August 1, 1956. Her life as a harpist began at age 16 when she had her first lesson. She then was exposed to jazz later in high school. Combining the two has lead Christa to the spotlight in the international harp and jazz community. She travels the US and Europe as a soloist, and lecturer on a career as a harpist and adapting the jazz style for the harp. She has released recordings in 1996 and 2002. Christa is a past board member of the American Harp Society and a current board member of the Detroit Musicians Fund. She is also the CEO of Freefall Music. Most of her life has been centered in Michigan, where she currently resides.
comments powered by Disqus