Sharon R. Chambers family papers
Sharon R. Chambers family papers
Contains copies of two books of Fuhriman family records such as birth, Mormon ordinances, marriage, and death. Includes information on Godfrey Fuhriman. Materials date from between 1885 and 1945.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Chambers, Sharon R. (Sharon Rey), 1943. -- Fuhriman, Godfrey, 1859-1920
- Call Number: MSS 8466
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Sharon R. Chambers family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8466; Sharon R. Chambers family papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8466, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials donated to repository by Sharon R. Chambers in 2014, descendant of the keepers of the family records.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Sharon R. Chambers; 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Social Life and Customs; Home and Family; Mormon converts--Utah; Chambers, Sharon R. (Sharon Rey), 1943-; Fuhriman, Godfrey, 1859-1920
- Genre / Form
- Family histories; Family records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Chambers (Sharon R.) family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Margaret Weddle
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-07-08 13:13:46 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Biographical / Historical
Sharon R. Chambers (born 1943) is a collector of family history.
Sharon R. Chambers was born Sharon Rey Fuhriman on September 30, 1943, in Ogden, Utah, to parents Rulon Leroy and Verda Marie Peterson Fuhriman. She graduated from Weber State College cum laude with a composit major in Speech and Theatre Arts, with a minor in Art with a Secondary Education credential. She taught for two years at Sand Ridge Junior High School in Roy, Utah.
On November 25, 1970, she married Jack Lloyd Chambers, and moved to Fresno, California. They have four children.
Chambers enjoys collecting and gathering family history. She currently lives in Fresno, California.
Godfrey Fuhriman (1859-1920) was an early Mormon pioneer in Utah.
Godfrey Fuhriman was born on June 15, 1859, in Durrenroth, Bern, Switzerland, to parents Jacob and Anna Barbara Loosli Fuhriman. He married Bertha Mary Friedrick (1860-1895) on July 7, 1881, in Salt Lake City, Utah, and together they had six children; five months after her death, Godfrey married Elisabeth Fluckiger (1860-1936) on July 10, 1895, in Logan, Utah, and together they had three children.
Godfrey died on December 8, 1920, in Providence, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus