Janet Jenson papers
Janet Jenson papers
Contains research, an interview, and reports on Jenson's research on the printing of the Book of Mormon and her work as a cataloger for Brigham Young University and the Church Historian's Office. Materials date from between 1965 and 2015.
- Extent: 4 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jenson, Janet
- Call Number: MSS 8478
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Janet Jenson papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8478; Janet Jenson papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8478, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated to the library by Janet Jenson in 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Janet Jenson; 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Apologetic works
- Genre / Form
- Manuscripts; Interviews; Reports
- Book of Mormon
- Processing Information
- Processed; Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jenson (Janet) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Margaret Weddle
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-03-13 16:59:31 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Janet Jenson (1937- ) was Mormon librarian and cataloger in Utah.
Janet Jenson was born April 10, 1937 in Athens, Georgia to Ralph William and Helen Harris Jenson, the first of their four children. She attended Brigham Young University, receiving a bachelor's degree in English and a master's degree in history and religion. She then worked at at the Church Historian's Office, taking some time off to complete a Master's of Library Science at Columbia University. After leaving church employment, she served in the Peace Corps and as a librarian at the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University.
She currently lives in Spanish Fork, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Folder/folder in MSS 8478
folder 1 folder 2
Janet Jenson research on Book of Mormon
Janet Jenson copy of BYU Studies
Dates: 1973 Winter
Janet Jenson interview and reports
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts