Marden J. Clark papers
Marden J. Clark papers
Collection consists of essays written by Marden J. Clark, material related to a newspaper column entitled "Matter Unorganized," professional and family correspondence, teaching materials, material related to the BYU 29th Ward, and material from Clark's graduate school education. Materials date from 1956 to 2002.
- Extent: 10 cartons (10 linear ft.)
- Creator: Clark, Marden J., 1916-2003
- Call Number: MSS 8487
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Original order has been maintained. Materials appear to be arranged topically.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Marden J. Clark papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Speical Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8487; Marden J. Clark papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8487, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Dennis Clark, son of Marden Clark, donated the papers to the University Archives in June 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Dennis Clark; June 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Clark, Marden J., 1916-2003; Brigham Young University--Faculty
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Essays
- Processing Information
- Processed; J. Gordon Daines III; June 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Faculty papers (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Clark (Marden J.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- J. Gordon Daines III
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-15 10:44:09 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Marden J. Clark (1916-2003) was a professor of English at Brigham Young University.
Marden J. Clark was born July 13, 1916 in Morgan, Utah. He earned a master’s degree from Brigham Young University in 1948 and a doctorate from the University of Washington. He taught English at Brigham Young University from 1949 until his retirement in 1981. Marden passed away on May 15, 2003.
Marden married Bessie Soderborg on October 25, 1941. They were the parents of six children.
comments powered by Disqus