Thomas Quentin Cannon papers
Thomas Quentin Cannon papers
Materials include records related to Cannon's mission to Germany from 1925-1928. Includes primarily letters to his mother and father and other family members. Also includes statistical reports for the Sturemborg Conference where Cannon was serving as a missionary, dated 1925 to 1927. Collection as includes some photographs and ephemera related to his mission. Dated 1925-1928.
- Extent: 5 folders (0.3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cannon, Thomas Quentin
- Call Number: MSS 8519
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Thomas Quentin Cannon papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8519; Thomas Quentin Cannon papers; 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8519, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Provenance unknown. Found in stacks by Russ Taylor, July 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Found in stacks; Russ Taylor; 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Germany; Cannon, Thomas Quentin; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Swiss and German Mission
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Nate Burroughs, intern manuscript processor, and Ryan K. Lee, curator; 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection development policy 1.V, November 2013).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cannon (Thomas Quentin) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Nate Burroughs
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-13 10:38:11 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Thomas Quentin Cannon (1906-1994) was a Mormon missionary in Germany from 1925 to 1928.
Thomas Quentin Cannon was born on April 29, 1906, in Salt Lake City, Utah, to Jesse Fox Cannon and Margaret Ann McKeever. He served a his Mormon mission in Germany from 1925 to 1928. Thomas married Katherine Bowman on August 26, 1934, in the Salt Lake Temple, and they had five children together. He served for many years in the LDS church in different callings, such as bishop, president of the South German Mission and the West German Mission. He also served twelve years in the Utah House of Representatives. Thomas Quentin Cannon died on May 18, 1994, in Murray, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus