Barry J. Ewell papers
Barry J. Ewell papers
Dates: 2006 January
Materials contains thirteen CD's compiled by Ewell reflecting the completion of his review of the BYU microfilm collection. The discs contain images, newspaper articles, correspondence, birth certificates and other information related to his family's history. The data dates from 1840 to 2004. The CD's were created in January 2006.
- Extent: 13 computer disks (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Ewell, Barry J.
- Call Number: MSS 8524
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Alternative Format
- Preservation copies of discs 4 and 8 were added to the collection.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Barry J. Ewell papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Discs 1-3 were not capable of being scanned due to deterioration. Discs 5-7 were duplicates of disc 4. Discs 9-13 were duplicates of disc 8. The scans of the duplicate discs have been deleted.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8524; Barry J. Ewell papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8524, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Barry J. Ewell to Howard Bybee, Genealogy/Microforms Reference Librarian at the BYU Harold B. Lee Library, January 25, 2006, giving permission for use by BYU. Howard Bybee transferred the collection to Special Collections.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Barry J. Ewell; January 25, 2006.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Immigration and American Expansion; Pioneers; Mormons--Utah--Genealogy; Ewell, Barry J.
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; McKinley Griffin, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; November 2, 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5. VII, August 2007.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Ewell (Barry J.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- McKinley Griffin
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-03-16 10:31:38 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Barry J. Ewell is a renowned genealogist.
Barry J. Ewell graduated from Brigham Young Universitiy with a bacehlor's degree in communications in 1981. He worked for software companies such as Rational Software, 3M, and IBM, and came to work in the genealogy field. Ewell is the founder of genealogical websites such as MyGenShare.com, genealogybybarry.com, and barrysblog.mygenshare.com. He is a published author, and also continues to do research and presesntations as well as mentor other genealogists. He lectures at BYU Education Week. Ewell is married with children and grandchildren.
comments powered by Disqus