Hans Peter Lund autobiography
Hans Peter Lund autobiography
Dates: approximately 1870-1880
Contains the autobiography of early pioneer Hans Peter Lund. Includes information on his two LDS missions to Denmark, travels with the Horace S. Eldredge wagon company, and a detailed account of Lund's personal expenses. Materials dated approximately 1870-1880.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.02 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lund, Hans Peter
- Call Number: MSS 8533
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Hans Peter Lund autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8533; Hans Peter Lund autobiography; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8533, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by unknown donor in 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Immigration and American Expansion; Pioneers; Mormon Church--Missions--Denmark--History; Mormon converts--Denmark--Biography; Lund, Hans Peter
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Clarissa McIntire, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lund (Hans Peter) autobiography
- Finding Aid Author
- Clarissa McIntire
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-03 13:45:25 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Hans Peter Lund (1821-1880) was an early member of the LDS church who travelled with the Horace S. Eldredge wagon company to Salt Lake City, Utah.
Hans Peter Lund was born July 16, 1821 in Nexo, Bornholm, Denmark. He was trained as a shoemaker and got his own shop on March 18, 1848 in Copenhagen. He was baptized into the LDS church on September 17, 1853. After being ordained an Elder on April 8, 1854, Lund was called to serve a mission in North West Sjaelland. Following his missionary service, Lund travelled with the Horace S. Eldredge wagon company to Salt Lake City, Utah. He was called on another mission to Denmark on April 6, 1860, where he served for several years. In January 1877 Lund was called as a home missionary, serving in Utah.
Lund passed away on June 19 1880 in Huntsville, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus