Margrit Luise Feil oral history
Margrit Luise Feil oral history
Dates: October 28, 2012
Contains an Oral history interview with Margrit Luise Feil, conducted by her grandson Joshua Feil on October 28, 2012 for a World Civilizations course taken at Brigham Young University. The oral history discusses her childhood in Europe and her experience living there during the war. She also discusses her conversion to the church and immigration to Utah.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Feil, Margrit Louise, 1936. -- Feil, Joshua
- Call Number: MSS 8548
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Margrit Luise Feil oral history must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8548; Margrit Luise Feil oral history; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8548, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were donated by Joshua Feil, the grandson of Margrit Luise Feil, in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Joshua Feil; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Mormon Church--Missions--Germany; Social Life and Customs; Home and Family; Feil, Margrit Louise, 1936-; Feil, Joshua
- Genre / Form
- Oral histories
- Processing Information
- Processed; Catie Freedman, student manuscript processor, John M. Murphy, curator; 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Feil (Margrit Luise) oral history
- Finding Aid Author
- Catie Freedman
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-09-17 14:28:02 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Joshua Feil (approx. 1989- ) is a husband and father.
Joshua Feil was born in approximately 1989. He attended Brigham Young University. He served an LDS mission in Ukraine in 2008. He married Jill Goldsberry and together they have one son.
Margrit Louise Feil (1936- ) is a Mormon convert and immigrant to the United States.
Margrit Louise Feil was born on February 16, 1936 in Paltzwitz, Germany to Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Knubel. She lived there during the war until her family moved to a small town in Switzerland. Her family eventually moved to a Basel, a larger city, where she attended the Basel College of Fashion. She was introduced to the missionaries in Basel and was later baptized.
In 1961 she immigrated to the United States by herself and moved to Utah. She met her husband, David Feil, in Midway, Utah after his mother invited her over for dinner. They began dating and soon after were married on June 12, 1963 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
She and her husband currently live in Visalia, California.
comments powered by Disqus