Charles Lynn Hayward papers
Charles Lynn Hayward papers
Collection includes a typed transcription of field notes and observances from around Utah. Also includes specific counts of plants and animals, along with the animals' activities. Dated 1936-1970.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hayward, Charles Lynn, 1903-1998
- Call Number: MSS 8554
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Charles Lynn Hayward papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8554; Charles Lynn Hayward papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8554, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The materials were found in the 20th Century Workroom in 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; 20th Century Workroom; 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Agriculture and Natural Resources; Fisheries and Wildlife; Biology--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo; Hayward, Charles Lynn, 1903-1998
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor; and John M. Murphy, curator; 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hayward (Charles Lynn) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Margaret Weddle
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-15 09:32:15 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Charles Lynn Hayward (1903-1998) was a Mormon zoology professor in Utah.
Charles Lynn Hayward was born on July 16, 1903, in Paris, Idaho, to parents William Gammon and Elen Neibaur Hayward. He married Eliabeth Cook on August 5, 1930, in Logan, Utah, and together they had two children. He obtained his B.S. and M.S. from Brigham Young University and a PhD from the University of Illinois in 1942. He taught biology at Fielding High School in Paris, Idaho for three years until 1930. He joined the Brigham Young University faculty in 1930 as an assistant in the zoology department. He worked at Brigham Young University until his retirement in 1969. During his career he was professor, department chair, and played a crucial role in the development of the Department of Zoology.
Hayward died on August 30, 1998, in Provo, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus