Robert Carder papers
Robert Carder papers
Contains the genealogical research of Robert Carder on his ancestors from the Carder family and other related families. Includes his family group sheets, correspondence between Carder and other fellow genealogists, and miscellaneous family records. Also includes notes on Robert Carder's ancestor, Richard Carder, and his descendants that would be included in "Richard Carder of Boston, Mass., Portsmouth and Warwick, R.I. and some of his descendants," one of Robert Carder's published works. Materials dated 1965-1984.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Carder, Robert Webster, 1907-1988
- Call Number: MSS 8562
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Robert Carder papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8562; Robert Carder papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8562, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The collection was donated by the family of Richard Webster Carder in 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Richard Carder family; 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Correspondence; Genealogy; Carder, Robert Webster, 1907-1988
- Genre / Form
- Family records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Clarissa McIntire, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Carder (Robert) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Clarissa McIntire
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-17 12:21:37 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Robert Webster Carder (1907-1988) was a family historian from Connecticut.
Robert Webster Carder was born on February 2, 1907, in Boston, Massachusetts, to parents Josiah Smith and Grace Livermore Webster Carder. He married Ruth Elizabeth Kelius (1905-1983) on August 4, 1931, in Singapore, China. They later settled in Madison, Connecticut. After retiring, Carder was involved in extensive family history research. He published three works on family history: Index, Bulletin of the Stamford Genealogical Society; Carder family genealogical collection; and Richard Carder of Boston, Mass., Portsmouth and Warwick, R.I. and some of his descendants.
Carder died on August 21, 1988, in Fairfield Connecticut.
comments powered by Disqus