D. Clyde Davis papers
D. Clyde Davis papers
Contains materials pertaining to D. Clyde Davis' service as a Seabee, or a member of the United States Naval Mobile Construction Battalion. Includes some personal papers as well as a photo album depicting scenes from his experiences in Bougainville Island, a part of Papua New Guinea and the largest island of the Solomon Islands group. Materials dated approximately 1942-1945.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Davis, D. Clyde (Dennis Clyde), 1925-1995
- Call Number: MSS 8615
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from D. Clyde Davis papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8615; D. Clyde Davis papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8615, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The collection of D. Clyde Davis papers was donated to the L. Tom Perry Special Collections department of the Harold B. Lee Library by Davis' wife and daughter, Barbara N. Davis and Terri D. Snell, respectively, in 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Barbara N. Davis and Terri D. Snell; 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Politics, Government, and Law; Military; World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Pacific Area; Soldiers--Utah--Photographs; Davis, D. Clyde (Dennis Clyde), 1925-1995
- Processing Information
- Processed; Clarissa McIntire, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Davis (D. Clyde) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Clarissa McIntire
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-17 12:12:10 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
D. Clyde Davis (1925-1995) served in the United States Naval Mobile Construction Battalion in World War II.
D. Clyde (Dennis Clyde) Davis was born on June 29, 1925 to Ara M. Davis and Hazel D. Stubbs in Provo, Utah. He served as a member of the United States Naval Mobile Construction Batallion during World War II in the Pacific islands.
Davis passed away on February 25, 1995.
comments powered by Disqus