Harold S. Barnes journals
Harold S. Barnes journals
Four journals written by Harold S. Barnes during his time as a missionary in the Eastern States Mission. Materials date from 1914-1917.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Barnes, Harold S. (Harold Sansom), 1895-1965
- Call Number: MSS 8672
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Harold S. Barnes journals must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8672; Harold S. Barnes journals; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8672, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Given as a gift by Jayne Duvall in 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Gifted; Jayne Duvall; January 30, 2015.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--East (U.S.)--Diaries; Mormon Church--Missions--East (U.S.); Barnes, Harold S. (Harold Sansom), 1895-1965; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--East (U.S.); Barnes, Harold S. (Harold Sansom), 1895-1965--Diaries
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Sadie Hutchinson; 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Barnes (Harold S.) journals
- Finding Aid Author
- Sadie Hutchinson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-12-02 16:28:23 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Biographical / Historical
Harold S. Barnes (1895-1965) was a business man in Utah.
Harold Sansom Barnes was born on February 14, 1895 to Arthur Franklin Barnes and Elizabeth Harriet Sansom in Utah. After graduating from LDS Business College in 1911, Barnes served a mission in the Eastern States from 1914 to 1917. On January 1, 1918, Barnes married Allie Josephine Rasmussen in Salt Lake, Utah. Barnes served both in World War I and World War II. Barnes died on July 24, 1965 in Glendale, California and was buried in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus