Letter from "Tramp"
Letter from "Tramp"
Dates: date of production not identified
Materials include an original handwritten letter from "Tramp." In the letter, the writer, a woman, ends an affair with a married man citing her desire to try to live a decent life. She uses a nickname, "Tramp" and does not address the recepient of the letter by name. There is no date on the letter. The letter has a dried flower glued on it. Date of production not identified.
- Extent: 1 folded sheet (4 pages) ; 56 x 36 cm folded to 23 x 18 cm
- Call Number: MSS 8713
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Letter from "Tramp" must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8713; Letter from "Tramp"; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8713, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Provenance and custodial history is unknown.
- Acquisition Information
- Immediate source of acquistion is unknown.
- Subject Terms
- Material Types; Correspondence; Home and Family; Sexuality; Social Life and Customs; Love
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Zoë Brimhall, student manuscript processor, and Ryan K. Lee, curator, 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Orphaned Manuscripts collection development policy, February 2014.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Letter from "Tramp"
- Finding Aid Author
- Zoë Brimhall
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-09 15:05:33 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus