Dillon K. Inouye papers
Dillon K. Inouye papers
Dates: approximately 1975-1983
Contains surveys from the Japan Tokyo South Mission, teaching materials, correspondence. Dated from 1975 to 1983.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize box (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Inouye, Dillon K. (Dillon Kazuyuki), 1943-2008
- Call Number: MSS 8743
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted. Closed for 42 years (until 2025) after the creation of the records and thereafter open to the public after consultation with the University Archivist and in accordance with the General Restriction Statement of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Dillon K. Inouye papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8743; Dillon K. Inouye papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8743, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were transferred from University Archives in April 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; University Archives; April 2015.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Education; Colleges and Universities; Psychology; Tokyo (Japan); Inouye, Dillon K. (Dillon Kazuyuki), 1943-2008; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Japan--Tokyo
- Genre / Form
- Surveys; Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; Erin Owens; April 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Inouye (Dillon K.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Erin Owens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-12-02 13:32:08 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Dillon K. Inouye (1943-2008) was a professor of Instructional Science at Brigham Young University.
Dillon Kazuyuki Inouye was born on November 15, 1943 in Heart Mountain, Wyoming to Charles Ichiro and Bessie Shizuko Murakami Inouye. He attended Brigham Young University until he left on a mission to Japan for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. After his mission he graduated from BYU and then in 1978 he completed his doctorate pyschology at Stanford University. He then begain working as a professor of Instructional Science at BYU. In 1981 he married Jeanne Bryan. He continued to work at BYU for thirty years. Inouye passed away on July 1, 2008.
comments powered by Disqus