Dates: 1950 April 2
Contains a poem written by Hovsep Ouzounian in Beirut, Lebanon dated to April 2, 1950. The poem bids farewell to Elders Carlos E. Asay and Panel. A transcription and translation by Deryle Lonsdale are also included.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Ouzounian, Hovsep, 1906-1989. -- Lonsdale, Deryle
- Call Number: MSS 8777
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ert?al barov must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Title on item: ????? ?????.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8777; Ert?al barov; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8777, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Item was found on a shelf.
- Acquisition Information
- Item was found on a shelf.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Poetry--Religious aspects; Mormon Church--Missions--Lebanon; Mormon missionaries--Lebanon--History--Sources; Ouzounian, Hovsep, 1906-1989; Lonsdale, Deryle
- Genre / Form
- Poetry--20th century
- Processing Information
- Processed; Sadie Julian; 2015
- Appraisal Information
- LDS Scholarship and Historiography (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.III, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Ert?al barov
- Finding Aid Author
- Sadie Julian
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-03-31 15:38:18 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Hovsep Ouzounian (1906-1989) was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Lebanon and California.
Hovsep Ouzounian was born on March 28, 1906 in Aintab, Turkey to Kevork and Gulenia Alemian Ouzounian and died on November 3, 1989 in Los Angeles, California. Ouzounian was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on June 1, 1922. On May 17, 1985 he petitioned for naturalization in Los Angeles.
Deryle Lonsdale (b. 1958) is a professor of linguistics at Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
Deryle Lonsdale earned a Bilingual Bachelor of Science degree from Faculté Saint-Jean at the University of Alberta in 1981. He was employed as a senior computational linguist, project leader and project manager at Alpnet Inc., Ottawa, Canada and Provo, Utah (1981-1990). Deryle received a M.S. in Computational Linguistics, Carnegie Mellon University (1992) and a Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics, Carnegie Mellon University (1997). He is an Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics, Brigham Young University (January 1998-present).
comments powered by Disqus