Jonathan M. Chamberlain papers
Jonathan M. Chamberlain papers
Contains outlines, proposals, case studies, and other material on counseling produced by Chamberlain during his career at Brigham Young University. Dated 1963-1994.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Chamberlain, Jonathan M. (Jonathan Mack), 1928
- Call Number: MSS 8778
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Jonathan M. Chamberlain papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8778; Jonathan M. Chamberlain papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8778, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were donated by Jonathan Chamberlain in August 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jonathan Chamberlain; August 2015.
- Subject Terms
- Science, Technology, and Health; Mental Health; Self-esteem; Chamberlain, Jonathan M. (Jonathan Mack), 1928-; Chamberlain, Jonathan M. (Jonathan Mack), 1928---Archives
- Genre / Form
- Books; Articles
- Processing Information
- Processed; Erin Owens; November 18, 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- University records (University Archives Collecting Policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Chamberlain (Jonathan M.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Erin Owens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-03-30 11:44:57 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jonathan M. Chamberlain (1928-2015) was a Mormon therapist and counselor in Utah.
Jonathan M. Chamberlain was born on August 26, 1928 in Alton, Utah to Guy and Vera Heaton Chamberlain. Between 1951-53 he served in London during the Korean conflict in the US Air Force as a career guidance specialist. On January 16, 1953 he married Beverly Christensen. He graduated from Brigham Young University in French and English in 1958. He taught high school and seminary for five years in Panaca, Nevada. He received his doctorate in pyschology from the University of Wyoming in 1967. He was a Mormon therapist and counselor in Utah. He worked a lot with people who had self destructive behavior. He wrote multiple books and taught people how to overcome this disorder. He was also a religious instructor, marriage and family counselor, pyschologist, author, and career guidance specialist. He became the Director of The Regional Child Study Services for five school districts in Southeastern Utah. In 1970 he joined the BYU Faculty as professor of psychology in the student counseling center and the Educational Psychology Department, retiring in 1993. After his wife Beverly passed away in 2010 he was married to Janet Baker Schofield Clark on June 1, 2013. Chamberlain died on November 30, 2015.
comments powered by Disqus