Eleanor Jorgensen papers
Eleanor Jorgensen papers
Dates: approximately 1880-2014
Contains teaching materials on clothing design, research scrapbooks, photographs of trips taken by Jorgensen, professional papers, and historical clothing. Materials date from approximately 1880 to 2014.
- Extent: 2 cartons (2 linear ft.). -- 7 oversize box (10.66 linear ft.). -- 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jorgensen, Eleanor, 1923-2014
- Call Number: MSS 8784
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into six series: 1. Eleanor Jorgensen scrapbooks, 1940-1950. 2. Eleanor Jorgensen historical clothing, approximately 1880-1970. 3. Eleanor Jorgensen teaching and research materials, approximately 1930-2014. 4. Eleanor Jorgensen dissertation, 1963-1989. 5. Eleanor Jorgensen photographs, 1990-1992. 6 Eleanor Jorgensen yearbooks, 1938-1991.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Eleanor Jorgensen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8784; Eleanor Jorgensen papers; 20th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8784, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were donated by Eleanor Jorgensen's nephew, Jared F. Brown in August 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jared F. Brown; August 2015.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Fashion; Jorgensen, Eleanor, 1923-2014; Jorgensen, Eleanor, 1923-2014--Archives
- Genre / Form
- Clothing; Scrapbooks; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Erin Owens; December 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jorgensen (Eleanor) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Erin Owens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-05-11 13:14:45 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Eleanor Jorgensen (1923-2014) was a professor at Brigham Young University in the Department of Clothing and Textiles.
Eleanor Jorgensen was born on July 24, 1923, in Price, Utah to George Edgar and Florence Virginia Horsley Jorgensen. She studied the history of textiles and clothing design at Brigham Young University, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Kansas State. She earned her masters in 1954, and her PhD in 1965 at Texas Women's-Denton, Texas for Textile Technology. She taught at a high school in Payson, Utah. She then received a position at Brigham Young University and taught for over 40 years in the Department of Clothing and Textiles. She earned Outstanding Teacher Awards from BYU in 1985, 1986, 1987, and 1988, and served a term as department chair. She died on December 25, 2014 in Provo, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 8784
Eleanor Jorgensen scrapbooks
Eleanor Jorgensen collection of historic clothing
Dates: approximately 1880-1970
Eleanor Jorgensen teaching and research materials
Dates: approximately 1930-2014
Eleanor Jorgensen dissertation
Eleanor Jorgensen photographs
Eleanor Jorgensen yearbooks
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts