Norman Toone and Annie P. Erekson papers
Norman Toone and Annie P. Erekson papers
Contains materials pertaining to the life of Norman Toone Erekson. Included are journals written by both Norman and his wife Annie detailing their everyday life, important church events (i.e. baptisms), etc; floppy and Zip disks containing files including Word documents on Church historical topics; and slides which include pictures on various trips the family has made including to Bangkok, Saigon, Greece, and Seattle. Materials dated 1938-2010.
- Extent: 7 cartons (7 linear ft.). -- 1 media box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Erekson, Norman Toone, 1930-2014. -- Erekson, Annie P. (Annie Paul), 1931
- Call Number: MSS 8840
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in two series: 1. Norman Toone Erekson journals, 1977-2010. 2. Norman Toone Erekson slides, 1938-1974.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Norman Toone Erekson papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8840; Norman Toone Erekson papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8840, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Norman Rock Erekson, son of Norman Toone Erekson, in 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Norman Rock Erekson; July 2015.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Europe--Photographs; Mormons--Utah--Diaries; Architecture--Greece--Slides; Erekson, Norman Toone, 1930-2014; Erekson, Annie P. (Annie Paul), 1931-; Erekson, Norman Toone, 1930-2014--Diaries; Erekson, Annie P. (Annie Paul), 1931---Diaries
- Genre / Form
- Floppy disks; Slides (Photography)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Eric Wolford, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and Western American cultural, family, social, intellectual, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Erekson (Norman Toone) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Eric Wolford
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-09-29 11:23:43 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Norman Toone Erekson (1930-2014) was a Mormon veterinarian in Utah, the husband of Annie P. Erekson, and the Colonel of the reenaction group "The Mormon Batallion Association."
Norman Toone Erekson was born the eldest son of Irene Toone and Zelph Young Erekson in Salt Lake City on May 10, 1930. While he spent most of his childhood in Mantua, Utah, in 1942 the family moved to Holladay, where he attended high school. After graduation, he served a two-year mission in New England and, within two years from his return to Utah, he married his wife Annie Paul in the Salt Lake Temple on July 11, 1952.
After their marriage, Norman persued a career as a veterinarian--which took the couple to Iowa (where he attended university), Chicago, and eventually Richmond, Utah--where he opened the North Cache Veterinary Clinic which he worked for 26 years. During this time, the couple also raised six children and five foster children and served in various callings in the church from Senior Missionaries in places like Australia and Wisconsin and as a temple sealer. Bewteen 2004 and 2011, he served with his wife in the Mormon Batallion Association, where he served as Commander and Colonel of the group. On December 20, 2014, Norman passed away in his home in Richmond.
Annie P. Erekson (1931- ) is a Mormon historical reenactor in Utah, the former Women's National Auxillary President of the Mormon Batallion Association, the wife of North Cache Veterinary Clinic owner Norman T. Erekson, and a mother of 6 children.
Annie Paul Erekson was born on July 12, 1931. She married recently-returned missionary Norman Toone Erekson on July 11, 1952. After their marriage, she moved with Norman to both Iowa and Chicago before returning to their home in Richmond, Utah, as he worked on getting his degree in Veterinary Science. After returning home, as he opened up the North Cache Veterinary Clinic in their home town, she raised their six biological children as well as five foster children. After they grew up, she worked along with her husband as they served as missionaries in Australia, Wisconsin, and at the Ogden Temple. During the same time, both she and her husband also served in the historical reenaction group "The Mormon Batallion Association" - where she served as the Women's National Auxillary President between 2004-2009. On December 20, 2014, Norman died in their hometown, leaving her to live with her children and their descendents.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 8840
Norman Toone and Annie P. Erekson journals
Norman Toone Erekson slides
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts