Lloyd L. Cullimore scrapbook
Lloyd L. Cullimore scrapbook
The collection contains material relating to the social, economic, and political interests of Lloyd L. Cullimore. It includes the accomplishments and goals of the Provo Chamber of Commerce, of which Lloyd L. Cullimore was twice president. Newspaper clippings pasted in this scrapbook detail the Chamber of Commerce's development and political endeavors. Other newpaper clippings describe the social and economic events of Provo, Utah, and of Brigham Young University. Dated circa 1965-1967.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cullimore, Lloyd L., 1895-1986
- Call Number: MSS 8891
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Lloyd L. Cullimore scrapbook must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8891; Lloyd L. Cullimore scrapbook; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8891, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Georgia C. Faux, daughter of Lloyd L. Cullimore.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Georgia C. Faux.
- Subject Terms
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce; Retail Trade; Cullimore, Lloyd L., 1895-1986; Provo Chamber of Commerce (Provo, Utah); Provo (Utah)--Economic conditions
- Genre / Form
- Scrapbooks; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Rebecca Fetzer; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah political history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5. I, August, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cullimore (Lloyd L.) scrapbook
- Finding Aid Author
- Rebecca Fetzer
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-12-15 13:59:38 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Lloyd L. Cullimore (1895-1986) was a physician and politician in Utah.
Lloyd L. Cullimore was born on December 10, 1895, in Lindon, Utah, to Albert and Luella Keetch Cullimore. After serving an LDS mission, Cullimore attended the University of Utah where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree. In 1920, he married Odessa Allred in the Salt Lake Temple. He earned his medical degree in 1925, and opened a private practice in Provo, Utah in 1928, and specialized in maternity welfare. He founded the Student Health Program at Brigham Young University, where he taught from 1927-1949.
In the fall of 1957, Cullimore was elected a city councilman in Provo, Utah, and in 1959 he became mayor of that same city until 1961. While mayor, Cullimore was appointed to the national civic committee of the "People-to-People Program" organized by former President Dwight D. Eisenhower. He was also deeply involved in the Chamber of Commerce in Provo, Utah, where he served as president twice. Lloyd L. Cullimore died on September 24, 1986 and was buried in the Provo City Cemetery.
comments powered by Disqus