W. Ray Luce papers
W. Ray Luce papers
W. Ray Luce papers, including a letter to Luce from Ohio governor, Richard F. Celeste, and selected publications by W. Ray Luce. Other Luce donations pending, including Luce personal papers. Approximately 1984-1990.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Luce, W. Ray
- Call Number: MSS 8894
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the W. Ray Luce papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8894; W. Ray Luce papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8894, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by W. Ray Luce in 2016.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; W. Ray Luce; February 2016.
- Subject Terms
- Ohio--History; Correspondence; Publications; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Corinne Bird, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship and historiography, including the historical collections of leading LDS scholars, scientists, historians, etc. Materials to be collected include historically important manuscript and archives collections (20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Americana collection department policy 5.III, 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Luce (W. Ray) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Corinne Bird
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-11-28 14:32:34 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Biographical / Historical
W. Ray Luce (1942- ) is a historian in Georgia.
W. Ray Luce was born in 1942. Luce earned both his Bachelor's and Master's degrees from Brigham Young University in History. He went on to obtain his Ph.D. in History from University of Virginia. Luce was a Director of Historic Preservation Division in Georgia and the Ohio State Historic Preservation Officer. Luce was also a historian for the National Register of Historic Places in Washington DC. Luce is currently an adjunct professor in the Heritage Preservation program at Georgia State Universisty.
comments powered by Disqus