Minnie P. Grow letter
Minnie P. Grow letter
Dates: 1871 June 20
Photocopy of a letter from Minnie to mother Grow, and another relative named Nell. Minnie writes about a trip she made from Sacramento, California to Salt Lake City, Utah. She writes that she went by railroad and describes the places in Salt Lake City that she saw. She mentions meeting the family of Brigham Young while in Utah. Included is a typed transcription of the letter. Dated June 20, 1871.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Grow, Minnie P., 1840-1917
- Call Number: MSS 8906
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Minnie P. Grow letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8906; Minnie P. Grow letter; 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection; L.Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8906, LTPSC
- Custodial History
- Donated by Grace Ulp, in 2016.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Grace Ulp; July 2016. Owned; Robert E Lewis.
- Subject Terms
- Immigration and American Expansion; Overland Journeys to the Western United States; Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce; City and Town Life; Railroads; Utah--Description and travel; Grow, Minnie P., 1840-1917
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Photocopies
- Processing Information
- Processed; Susana Zubeldia, student manuscript processor, 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and Western American and LDS cultural, family, social, intellectual, and religious history (19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection development policy IV.a.i.1 and 4, November 2013.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Grow (Minnie P.) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Susana Zubeldia
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-12-09 16:14:09 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Biographical / Historical
Minnie P. Grow (1840-1917) was a mother of two children and lived in Sacramento.
Minnie P. Grow was born in 1840 in St. Albans Franklin, Vermont. She was married to Charles A. Grow on June 5, 1866 in Vermont. Together they had two children while in Vermont: Arthur C. and Nellie Genevieve. Her family moved to California, where she lived in Sacramento and later ran a boarding house in Alameda. She and Charles traveled by train and visited Salt Lake City in 1871.
Grow died on December 1, 1917 in San Francisco, California.
comments powered by Disqus