Mendon Ward high priest minutes
Mendon Ward high priest minutes
Contains digital copies (PDF and TIFF) of minutes for the Mendon Ward high priests group. Includes minutes for meetings between 1879-1911, a genealogy of the members of the high priests group, and attendance records for the members of the group. Material dated 1879-1911.
- Extent: 1 computer disk (18 GB)
- Creator: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Mendon Ward (Mendon Utah)
- Call Number: MSS 8929
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Mendon Ward high priest minutes must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8929; Mendon Ward high priest minutes; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8929, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Cliford T.G. Sorenson in 2016.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Cliford T.G. Sorenson; November 2016.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Mendon Ward (Mendon Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Electronic records; Digital images
- Processing Information
- Processed; Eric Wolford; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, family, social, intellectual, and religious history (19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection development IV.a.i.1 and 4, November 2013).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Mendon Ward high priest minutes
- Finding Aid Author
- Eric Wolford
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-03-14 12:51:28 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Mendon Ward (1859-1978) was a local ecclesiastical unit of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Mendon, Utah.
The Mendon Ward was established in 1859 by Alexander Brice Hill, Roger Luckham, AndreW P. Shumway, and Charles Shumway, Sr. Andrew P. Shumway initially served as the sole member of the bishopric until he was called to serve a mission in Europe in 1869. The original ward was established in a log schoolhome which was constructed between 1859-1860, it was expanded by 1866 as a means to help support the ward in the midst of Native American attacks. In the 1870s the Young Mens' Mutual Improvement Association, the Young Womens' Mutual Improvement Association, and the Primary were soon created. By the turn of the century, the ward included 617 people with a patriarch (Henry G. Hughes), eighteen high priests, fourteen Seventies, twenty-seven elders, twelve priests, fourteen teachers, and twenty deacons. In 1978, the ward was divided to form the Mendon 1st Ward and Mendon 2nd Ward.
comments powered by Disqus