Ardon S. Hawkins slides
Ardon S. Hawkins slides
Dates: approximately 1966-1968
Contains slides of photos taken by Hawkins during his mission to Mexico between 1966-1968. Includes photographs of archaeological sites in Mexico including Chicen Itza, and photographs from Cinco de Mayo parade and Mormon ordinances. Materials dated approximately 1966-1968.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hawkins, Ardon S. (Ardon Sanford), 1947-1996
- Call Number: MSS 8936
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Ardon S. Hawkins slides must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8936; Ardon S. Hawkins slides; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8936, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from the Museum of Peoples and Cultures by Paul Stavast, a representative of the Museum, in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Transferred; Paul Stavast; March 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Archaeology; Social Life and Customs; City and Town Life; Archaeology--Mexico--Photographs; Mormon missionaries--Mexico; Mormons--Mexico; Church architecture--Mexico--Photographs; Chichén Itzá Site (Mexico)--Photographs; Hawkins, Ardon S. (Ardon Sanford), 1947-1996
- Genre / Form
- Slides (Photography); Color photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Eric Wolford; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hawkins (Ardon S.) slides
- Finding Aid Author
- Eric Wolford
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-03-15 11:54:38 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Ardon S. Hawkins (1947-1996) was a Mormon missionary from Utah.
Ardon Sanford Hawkins was born on January 14, 1947 in Alamosa, Colorado to Ellen Evans Hawkins. At the age of 19, he was called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Language Training Mission in Mexico. Five years after returning home he married Delores Evelyn Gregory Dolly on June 4, 1973, whom together they had eight children. On July 22, 1996, he passed away from cancer at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, Utah and was buried shortly thereafter on July 27, 1996 in Springville, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus