Bill L. Argyle papers
Bill L. Argyle papers
Dates: approximately 1962-2016
Contains materials pertaining to the life and missionary service of Bill L. Argyle. Includes his personal photograph slides (1962-1964) from his mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the Navajo Indians, and other photographs. Includes three CDs of Oral History for the Brigham Young University "Bringing the Past to Life" Oral History Project. Personal papers include a funeral service program for Bill L. Argyle, photograph descriptions, and a list of the names of pioneers found by the Hidden Springs Trading post. Dated approximately 1962-2016.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Argyle, Bill L., 1941-2016
- Call Number: MSS 8957
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Bill L. Argyle papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8957; Bill L. Argyle papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8957, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by James L. Tanner, friend of Bill L. Argyle, in 2016.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; James L. Tanner; 2016.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Navajo Nation, Arizona, New Mexico & Utah; Navajo Indians--Photographs; Mormon missionaries; Spanish Fork (Utah); Obituaries--United States
- Genre / Form
- Oral histories; Photographs; Slides (Photography); CD-ROMs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Itza Mostert, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VI, March 2017).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Argyle (Bill L.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Itza Mostert
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-10-11 16:57:53 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Bill L. Argyle (1941-2016) was a Mormon computer administrator in Utah.
William L. Argyle was born on December 15, 1941 to Bernell Vernon Argyle and Rhea Huff Argyle in Spanish Fork, Utah. After graduating from High School he began working as an electronic machine operator at the Ogden General Deport. From 1962-1964, Bill served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Southwest Indian Mission among the Navajo Indians. Argyle worked as the manager of computer operations for EIMCO Mining Machinery International from 1967 to 1984 and then as manager of computer operations for American Stores from 1984-1992. Argyle later worked for Keystone Learning Systems from 1992-2002. He married Junette Shepherd on December 4, 1964 and they had four children. Argyle died on February 16. 2016 in Spanish Fork, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus