Simon Eugene Dalton diary
Simon Eugene Dalton diary
Handwritten diary kept by Simon Eugene Dalton with entries on his life while living as a farmer and member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Springville, Utah. Dated 1899-1903.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft)
- Creator: Dalton, Simon Eugene, 1852-1933
- Call Number: MSS 8978
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Alternative Format
- A digital copy of this item can be found on M-disc in UA 5665.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Simon Eugene Dalton diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Comittee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8978; Simon Eugene Dalton diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8978, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by David Dalton, grandson of Simon Eugene Dalton, in 2017.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; David Dalton; February 2017.
- Subject Terms
- Social Life and Customs; Home and Family; Mormons--Utah--Springville; Farmers--Utah--Diaries; Farming
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Kane, student manuscript processor, and Ryan K. Lee, curator; 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social and religious history (19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection development policy IV.a.i.1 and 4, November 2013).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dalton (Simon Eugene) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Elizabeth Kane
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-05-02 15:36:16 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Simon Eugene Dalton (1852-1933) was a Mormon farmer in Springville, Utah.
Simon Eugene Dalton was born in Centerville, Utah on August 1, 1852. He was fifth of the eleven children born to Elnora Warner and Simon Cooker Dalton. He spent most of his life in Springville, Utah, and was a farmer by trade. Dalton married Elizabeth Jane Huntington in 1889, and the couple had seven children.
Simon Eugene Dalton died on December 1, 1933 in Springville, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus