Jake Parker papers
Jake Parker papers
Collection contains fan mail sent to Jake Parker from school children from around the nation, oftentimes tasked with corresponding with their favorite author or artist. The mail usually includes a short letter telling him which book or art piece they like the most and a drawing done by the child. Included are Jake's letters that he writes in response. Some of the letters are undated; those dated cover August 2012 to May 2017.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Parker, Jake, 1977
- Call Number: MSS 9029
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Jake Parker papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 9029; Jake Parker papers; 21st Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 9029, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Jake and Alison Parker in 2017.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jake and Alison Parker; June 2017.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Fine Arts; Fan mail; Cartoonists--Utah--Correspondence; Parker, Jake, 1977---Correspondence
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Dainan M. Skeem, curator; 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, including popular culture; LDS family; social; intellectual; and religious history (21st Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection development policy, section V.b.v.1, January 2016)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Parker (Jake) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Dainan Skeem
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-01-05 10:43:20 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jake Parker (1977- ) is an author, illustrator, and animator.
Jake Parker was born in Mesa, Arizona on May 17, 1977. He has created works as an author, illustrator, and animator including books such as "The Little Snowplow" and "Missle Mouse," and worked on several large films including "Rio," "Horton Hears a Who," and "Titan A.E." He co-founded the Society of Visual Storytelling, an online educational site where he and other artists teach how to create art. He also established Inktober in 2009 which has become an annual event on social media during the month of October where participants post ink drawings they have created. He currently works as a freelance artist from his home in Provo, Utah where he lives with his wife and children. His and his son's art were included in the Comics and Mormons exhibition 2016-2017 at BYU's L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
comments powered by Disqus