Laura L. Walker papers
Laura L. Walker papers
Dates: approximately 1980-2016, approximately 2013-2016
Contains Laura L. Walker's research for her book, "The Matchup" (2016), a fictional romance novel. Also includes a richer look into her life through family photos from childhood to present in Arizona and her early writings, including outlines for "The Matchup". Dated 1980-2016, bulk 2013-2016.
- Extent: 3 folders (0.15 linear ft.)
- Creator: Walker, Laura L., 1975
- Call Number: MSS 9037
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Literary Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in three series: 1. Laura L. Walker photographs, 1980-2016. 2. Laura L. Walker early writings, approximately 1998-2016. 3. Laura L. Walker research for The Matchup, approximately 2013-2016.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Laura L. Walker papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 9037; Laura L. Walker papers; Literary Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 9037, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Laura L. Walker in 2017.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Laura L. Walker; July 2017.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Literature; Mormon authors--Research
- Genre / Form
- Christian fiction, American--Mormon authors; Documents; Photographs; Research (Documents); Outlines
- Processing Information
- Processed; Isaac Leavitt, student manuscript processor, and Dainan Skeem, curator; 2017. Processed; Hayley Gorham, student manuscript processor; 2018.
- Appraisal Information
- Genre fiction (Mormonism, Utah and Western Literary Manuscripts collection development policy III. a. i, October 2017).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Walker (Laura L.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Isaac Leavitt
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-08-03 11:57:10 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Laura L. Walker (1975- ) is a mother, author of fictional romances, and sole proprietor of her editing side business from Pima, Arizona.
Laura L. Walker grew up in a large family in the Gila Valley, Arizona. She was born August 28, 1975 in Safford, Arizona to Lyn and Lois Larson. Laura attended Northern Arizona University where she not only graduated with a bachelor degree in elementary education, but also met her husband, Ron. Together they have had 6 children. In 2000, Laura's sister, Vonda, died as a victim of domestic violence. This tragedy and the other experiences of her and her family have influenced the characters of her novels, including her membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Laura has authored two contemporary romances and a Christmas novella, with plans to keep writing. She has also become the sole proprietor of her editing side business.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 9037
Laura L. Walker photographs
Laura L. Walker early writings
Dates: approximately 1998-2016
Laura L. Walker research for The Matchup
Dates: approximately 2013-2016
Help with this Collection
Curator - Literary Manuscripts