Kent P. Jackson papers
Kent P. Jackson papers
Dates: approximately 1972-2017
Contains Kent P. Jackson's research materials on Ancient Scripture such as the RLDS manuscript and the Phinney Bible. His personal notes he took while as a student at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah in the 1970's. Jackson's class files from courses he taught at Brigham Young University on Ancient Religion and Scripture from 1980-2017. Most of the collection is Jackson's research and teachings of Ancient Scripture; the smaller part is from his studies as a student. Dated approximately 1970-2017.
- Extent: 7 boxes (3.5 linear ft.). -- 2 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jackson, Kent P.
- Call Number: MSS 9049
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Donor Restricted until 2027. Permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in four series: 1. Kent P. Jackson research materials, approximately 1983-2003. 2. Kent P. Jackson student class notes, approximately 1972-1984. 3. Kent P. Jackson instructor class files, 1980-2017. 4. Kent P. Jackson photographs, approximately 1995-2017.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Kent P. Jackson papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 9049; Kent P. Jackson Papers; 21st Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 9049, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Kent P. Jackson, in May 2017.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Kent P. Jackson; May 2017.
- Related Material
- Jerusalem Center Academic Coordinating Committee minutes (UA 5757).
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Religious education--Utah--Provo; History, Ancient--Study and teaching--Utah--Provo
- Genre / Form
- Files (Records); Research (Documents)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Nate Burroughs, Manuscript Processing Specialist, and Dainan Skeem, Curator; 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS Religion Instruction and Research (Professional Papers Program Collection Development Poicy, V.b.v.2).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jackson (Kent P.) Papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Nate Burroughs, Manuscript Processing Specialist
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-07-31 15:58:57 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Kent P. Jackson (1949- ) is a professor of religion in Utah.
Kent P. Jackson was born August 9, 1949 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He married Nancy Porter and together they have had five children. He received his B.A. from Brigham Young University (BYU) in Ancient Studies, and his M.A. and Ph.D. in Near Eastern Studies from the University of Michigan. He has taught at Brigham Young University since 1980. He served in many positions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Jackson is a professor of ancient scripture at Brigham Young University and the associate director of the BYU Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies. He is a former associate dean of Religious Education and chair of Near Eastern Studies at BYU.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 9049
Kent P. Jackson research materials
Dates: approximately 1983-2003
Kent P. Jackson student class notes
Dates: approximately 1972-1984
Kent P. Jackson instructor class files
Kent P. Jackson photographs
Dates: approximately 1995-2017
Help with this Collection
Curator - 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts