Gerald R. Molen papers
Gerald R. Molen papers
Contains publicity, magazines, scripts, books, and other materials related to several titles produced by Gerald R. Molen, including Hook, Jurassic Park, and Schindler's List. Contains materials from movies filmed in the United States as well as the Polynesian islands, Poland, and Israel. Some materials produced for the 1992 Academy Awards. Dated 1982-2014.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Molen, Gerald R.
- Call Number: MSS 9055
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in nine series: 1. Materials related to Hook, 1992-1993. 2. Materials related to Minority Report, 2001. 3. Materials related to Jurassic Park films, approximately 1992-1997. 4. Materials related to The Legend of Johnny Lingo, approximately 2002-2003. 5. Materials related to The Other Side of Heaven, approximately 2000-2002. 6. Materials related to Days of Thunder, approximately 1989-1990. 7. Materials related to Dinesh D'Souza films, approximately 2012. 8. Materials related to Schindler's List, 1993-1994. 9. Miscellaneous materials, 1983.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Gerald R. Molen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 9055; Gerald R. Molen papers; Arts and Communications; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 9055, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Gerald R. Molen got these materials from films he worked on from 1982 to 2014, and then donated them to L. Tom Perry Special Collections in 2017.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Gerald R. Molen; August 2017.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Performing Arts; Fine Arts
- Genre / Form
- Pamphlets; Letters; Promotional materials
- Hook (Motion picture); Jurassic Park (Motion picture); Schindler's list (Motion picture)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Maddi Stanley; August-September 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- (Arts and Communications)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Molen (Gerald R.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Maddi Stanley
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-03-30 14:46:00 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Gerald Robert Molen (1935- ) is a producer.
Gerald Robert Molen was born January 6, 1935 in Great Falls, Montana to Gerald Richard Molen and Edith Lorraine Meyer. He has produced many films including Rain Man, Jurassic Park, and Schindler's List, for which he won an Academy Award. He currently resides in Montana.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 9055
Materials related to Hook
Dates: approximately 1992-1993
Materials related to Minority Report
Dates: 2001 March 31
Materials related to Jurassic Park films
Dates: approximately 1992-1997
Materials related to The Legend of Johnny Lingo
Dates: approximately 2002-2003
Materials related to The Other Side of Heaven
Dates: approximately 2000-2002
Materials related to Days of Thunder
Dates: approximately 1989-1990
Materials related to Dinesh D'Souza films
Dates: approximately 2012
Materials related to Schindler's List
Help with this Collection
Curator - Arts & Communications Archives