George P. Hammond papers
George P. Hammond papers
Historical items relating to the Southwestern part of the United States; including Arizona, California, Colorado, Louisiana, Mexico, New Mexico, Texas and Utah. Also, Congressional records and various other records relating to the Indians of this area.
- Extent: 11 boxes (5.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hammond, George P. (George Peter), 1896-1993
- Call Number: MSS 908
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection is divided into 3 series: 1. George P. Hammond general correspondence and papers, 1890-1957; 2. George P. Hammond materials on Indians of the Southwest, 1923-1960; and 3. George P. Hammond historical material on the Southwestern states, 1566-1963.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the George P. Hammond collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 908; George P. Hammond papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 908, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS908.xml
- Subject Terms
- Arizona--History--Sources; California--History--Sources; Colorado--History--Sources; Expeditions and Adventure; Immigration and American Expansion; Indians of Mexico--History--Sources; Indians of North America--Southwest, New--History--Sources; Louisiana--History--Sources; New Mexico--History--Sources; Southwest, New--History--19th century--Sources; Texas--History--Sources; Utah--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; 1974.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts. The purpose of the Americana, Utah, and the West collections is to provide teaching and research support to students, faculty, and visiting scholars in the areas of the history of Utah, the West as it relates to Utah, and Americana as it related to Utah or Mormonism. This collection meets this collecting focus with the information provided about the history and settlement of the southwest and Utah.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hammond (George P.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Processed under the direction of the Curator of 20th & 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:30-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid encoded in English.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
American historian, author, director of the Bancroft Library, and professor of history at various American universities.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 908
George P. Hammond general correspondence and papers
George P. Hammond materials on Indians of the Southwest
George P. Hammond historical material on the Southwestern states
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts