Heber Q. Hale manifestation and poem
Heber Q. Hale manifestation and poem
Dates: approximately 1920
Twenty-five page handwritten transcription of Hale's manifestation on the spirit world. According to the transcription, this manifestation was related by him at a genealogical conference held in the auditorium of the Bishops' Building, Salt Lake City, Utah, in October 1920. In the account, Hale speaks of a vision he received while at the home of W. F. Rawson in Carey, Idaho on January 20, 1920. The vision includes descriptions of people he met in the Spirit World, the beauty of the surroundings, and witnessing multitudes of people busy in the work of preaching the gospel and the salvation of the dead. Included is an edited transcription of the account found on the internet in 2005. Also included is a five-page handwritten transcript of the poem "Unawares," which also talks about a visitation from Jesus Christ to the author's home. Both handwritten items appear to be written by the same person.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: High, Brenda Louise. -- Hale, Heber Q. (Heber Quincy), 1880
- Call Number: MSS 9081
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Heber Q. Hale manifestation and poem must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 9081; Heber Q. Hale manifestation and poem; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 9081, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Brenda High in 2005.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated: Brenda High; 2005.
- Subject Terms
- Religion; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Spiritual life--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Future life--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; High, Brenda Louise
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Nate Burroughs, Manuscript Processing Specialist, and Ryan Lee, Curator; 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS and Utah and the American West cultural, social, and religious history (19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection development policy IV.a.i.1 and 4, November 2013).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hale (Heber Q.) manifestation and poem
- Finding Aid Author
- Nate Burroughs, Manuscript Processing Specialist
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-08-07 10:28:03 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Heber Q. Hale (1880-1969) was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who received a manifestation on the Spirit World.
Heber Quincy Hale was born in Thatcher, Idaho to Solomon H. Hale and Anna Clark on March 5th 1880. He later served in different callings for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints such as Bishop and Stake President. He also served in civic offices as well as serving as a correspondent for the Deseret News in Salt Lake City, Utah. On January 20 1920 as President of the Boise Stake Heber received a manifestation from the Spirit World describing, "Passing from his body into the spirit world." Heber Q. Hale died on April 18th 1969 in Bountiful Utah.
comments powered by Disqus