Virlie Vincent Westwood family history papers
Virlie Vincent Westwood family history papers
Dates: approximately 1818-2009
Contains materials from multiple generations of Virlie Vincent Westwood's family including Robert Birkin, Elizabeth Roland Birkin, Daniel Park Vincent, Mary Ann Birkin Vincent, and more. Materials relate to their lives in Provo, Utah, including newspaper clippings, photographs, letters, and bank statements. Dated approximately 1818 to 2009.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Vincent, Mary Ann Birkin, 1871-1968. -- Birkin, Robert, 1851-1916. -- Birkin, Elizabeth Roland, 1851-1916. -- Vincent, Daniel Park, 1870-1954. -- Westwood, Virlie Vincent, 1961
- Call Number: MSS 9109
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in six series: 1. George and Hannah Roland family materials, 2008. 2. Robert and Elizabeth Roland Birkin family materials, 1889-2008. 3. Daniel and Marian Park Vincent family materials, approximately 1818-1936. 4. Daniel Park and Mary Ann Birkin Vincent family materials, approximately 1865-1990. 5. Roland and Sybil Vincent family materials, 1949-1952. 6. Alexander Hedquist materials, 1932-2009 (bulk 1932-1965).
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Virlie Vincent Westwood family history papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 9109; Virlie Vincent Westwood family history papers; 20th century Mormon and Western manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 9109, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The materials were collected and stored through generations of this family. Eventually Roland and Sybil Vincent and Velma Vincent Hedquist gave them to Virlie Vincent Westwood (daughter of Roland and Sybil), and she donated them to the L. Tom Perry Special Collections in December 2017.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Virlie Vincent and Brad Westwood; December 2017.
- Subject Terms
- Social Life and Customs; Home and Family; City and Town Life; Vincent family; Rowland family; Vincent, Mary Ann Birkin, 1871-1968; Birkin, Robert, 1851-1916; Birkin, Elizabeth Roland, 1851-1916; Vincent, Daniel Park, 1870-1954
- Genre / Form
- Bank statements; Letters; Photographs; Family histories; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Maddi Stanley, student manuscript processor; February 2018. Revised; Amanda Crandall, manuscripts specialist; September 2018.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th and 21st century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collecting policy, 1.B.5.VI).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Westwood (Virlie Vincent) family history papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Maddi Stanley
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-09-12 09:18:28 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Daniel Park Vincent (1870-1954) was a farmer and an ancestor of Virlie Vincent Westwood.
Daniel Park Vincent was born February 4, 1870 in Provo, Utah to Daniel and Marian Park Vincent. He married Mary Ann Birkin on December 8, 1897 in the Salt Lake Temple. He had a farm in Provo. Daniel Park Vincent passed away December 3, 1954 in Provo, Utah.
Mary Ann Birkin Vincent (1871-1968) was an early Provo pioneer and ancestor of Virlie Vincent Westwood.
Mary Ann Vincent was born Mary Ann Birkin March 29, 1871 in Nottinghamshire, England to Robert Birkin and Elizabeth Roland. She married Daniel Park Vincent on December 8, 1887 in the Salt Lake Temple. Her family joined the LDS church in 1887 and immigrated to Utah in 1889. Mary Ann Vincent passed away on August 31, 1968.
Elizabeth Roland Birkin (1851-1916) was the wife of Robert Birkin and an ancestor of Virlie Vincent Westwood.
Elizabeth Birkin was born Elizabeth Roland on September 18, 1851 in Derbyshire, England, to George and Hannah Roland. She was baptized into the LDS church on October 23, 1882. On November 15, 1872 she was married to Robert Birkin in Basford, England. Elizabeth Birkin passed away April 27, 1916 in Provo, Utah.
Robert Birkin (1851-1916) was a butcher and ancestor of Virlie Vincent Westwood.
Robert Birkin was born July 28, 1851 in Nottinghamshire, England to Reuben Birkin and Ruth Woolatt. He was married to Elizabeth Roland on November 15, 1875 in Basford, England. They immigrated to Utah in 1889. Robert Birkin passed away July 7, 1916 in Provo, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
in MSS 9109
George and Hannah Roland family materials
Robert and Elizabeth Roland Birkin family materials
Daniel and Marian Park Vincent family materials
Dates: approximately 1818-1936
Daniel Park and Mary Ann Birkin Vincent family materials
Dates: approximately 1865-1990
Roland and Sybil Vincent family materials
Alexander Hedquist materials
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts