Dates: approximately 1943-1944
"Kaigun Nikki" or "Navy Diary" created by the Japanese government for military personnel. Used by an unidentified Japanese military person who served in the Philippines during the Second World War. Writing suggests it may have been written in by multiple authors. The printed diary is for 1942, but the entries are from 1943.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.05 linear ft.)
- Call Number: MSS 9178
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Item written in Japanese, in a cursive script and kanji.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Kaigun nikki must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 9178; Kaigun nikki; Veterans History; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 9178, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by William (Bill) Gough, son of Roy William Gough. Roy Gough had retrieved the diary from a deceased Japanese military person in the Philippines during World War II. The donation was facilitated by LDS Philanthropies donor liaison John M. McCorquindale.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; William (Bill) Gough; August 2018.
- Subject Terms
- Politics, Government, and Law; Military; Japan--History, Military--1868-1945; World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Krysta Taylor, Student archive intern, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2018.
- Appraisal Information
- World War II (Veterans History Collection Development Policy, undated).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Kaigun nikki
- Finding Aid Author
- Krysta Taylor
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-10-30 13:15:08 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus