Robert Gorlinski papers
Robert Gorlinski papers
Diaries, field notes, correspondence, and maps. Gorlinski worked primarily in Utah and many of the materials relate to his activities in and around Park City, Utah. He was also associated with projects in other places in Utah and in sites in Nevada, California, and Idaho. The diaries cover the years 1909 to 1955 when Gorlinski was living in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Extent: 6 boxes (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Gorlinski, Robert, 1861-1955
- Call Number: MSS 998
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection can be divided into 5 series: 1. Robert Gorlinski field notes, 1882-1921; 2. Robert Gorlinski diaries, 1903-1950; 3. Robert Gorlinski bound volumes (other), 1904-1957; 4. Robert Gorlinski correspondence and papers, 1916-1955; and 5. Robert Gorlinski maps, 1845-1951.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Robert Gorlinski collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 998; Robert Gorlinski papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 998, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS998.xml
- Subject Terms
- Gorlinski, Robert, 1861-1955--Archives; Agriculture and Natural Resources; Engineers--Utah--History; Mines and Mineral Resources; Mining engineering--California--History; Mining engineering--Idaho--History; Mining engineering--Nevada--History; Mining engineering--Utah--History; Mormons--Utah--Salt Lake City--History; Park City (Utah)--History; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Letters; Maps
- Processing Information
- Processed; 1980.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts. This collection provides information on mining projects across the western U.S. and thereby supports the subject collecting focus on material which deals with the discovery, exploration, and settlement of the West.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Gorlinski (Robert) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Processed under the direction of the Curator of 20th & 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-19T10:35-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Mining engineer and surveyor.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 998
Robert Gorlinski field notes
Robert Gorlinski diaries
Robert Gorlinski bound volumes (other)
Robert Gorlinski correspondence and papers
Robert Gorlinski maps
Help with this Collection
Curator - 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts