Frans Ferdinand Blom papers
Frans Ferdinand Blom papers
Contains 26 reels of microfilm with positive images and 26 reels of microfilm with negative images of the same materials. The microfilm include copies of a biography, correspondence, certificates, diaries, photographs, and articles. Also included are paper copies of articles, pamphlets, and a map. The materials relate to Blom's research on Mayan archaeology and his expeditions to Mexico.
- Extent: 1 half box (0.25 linear ft.). -- 10 microfilm boxes (5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Blom, Frans Ferdinand, 1893-1963
- Call Number: MSS FM 54
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Negative masters condition restricted. Microfilm print copies available for public use.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in
EnglishEnglish, DanishDanish, and Spanish; CastilianSpanish.
- Location of Originals
- Casa Na Blom; San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Frans Ferdinand Blom papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS FM 54; Frans Ferdinand Blom papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS FM 54, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Microfilm copies were made under the direction of the Harold B. Lee Library and the Genealogical Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints between 1978 and 1980.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1978. Donated; 1979. Donated; 1980.
- Other Finding Aids
- Finding aid is available in Spanish in the repository.
- Subject Terms
- Blom, Frans Ferdinand, 1893-1963--Archives; Anthropology; Archaeologists--United States--History; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Colleges and Universities; Education; Mayas--Antiquities; Mexico--Antiquities
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Biography; Diaries; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Blom (Frans Ferdinand) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-12T04:07-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Frans Ferdinand Blom (1893-1963) was a Danish-American archaeologist who taught at Tulane University.
comments powered by Disqus