Mormon War Papers
Mormon War Papers
Microfilmed copies of original joint legislative committee journals (1838-1839), legislative proceedings (1838-1841), correspondence and orders (1838-1839), evidence given at the court of inquiry held in November 1838 to investigate Joseph Smith (1805-1844) and others for high treason, and certificates dealing with indictments against Mormons (1841) pertaining to the Mormon disturbances in Missouri (1838-1841). The film is 16 mm. and 35 mm. and is photonegative.
- Extent: 16 microfilm reels (1600 ft.)
- Call Number: MSS FM 7
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Location of Originals
- Material specified: Mormon War Papers. Missouri State Archives 1001 Industrial Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65102.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mormon War Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS FM 7; Mormon War Papers; 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS FM 7, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- Finding aid, which includes a name index, available in repository.
- Subject Terms
- Avord, Sampson; Boggs, Lillburn W., 1792-1860; Lucas, S. D. (Samuel D.); Missouri. Militia--History; Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844; Missouri--History; Missouri--Politics and government--To 1865; Mormon Church--Missouri--History; Mormons--Missouri--History; Mormons--Persecutions--Missouri--History
- Genre / Form
- Actions and defenses; Certificates; Diaries; Letters; Testimonies
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Mormon War Papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Lucy Brimhall
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-24T04:16-0700
comments powered by Disqus