Joseph Eckersley papers
Joseph Eckersley papers
Microfilmed diaries (1886-1958), correspondence, newsclippings, and ephemera (advertisements, programs, and a prohibition poster). Some letters include correspondence with Mormon leaders Francis M. Lyman, Heber J. Grant, and Charles W. Penrose. The diaries concern his missions for the Mormon Church in England, and life in Loa, Freemont, and Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Extent: 7 microfilm reels (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Eckersley, Joseph, 1866-1960
- Call Number: MSS FM 8
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in 2 series: 1. Joseph Eckersley diaries, 1886-1958; and 2. Joseph Eckersley papers. Originals in Archives, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Joseph Eckersley collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS FM 8; Joseph Eckersley papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS FM 8, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSSFM8.xml
- Subject Terms
- Eckersley, Joseph, 1866-1960--Archives; Grant, Heber J. (Heber Jeddy), 1856-1945; Lyman, Francis M. (Francis Marion), 1840-1916; Penrose, Charles W. (Charles William), 1832-1925; Diaries; Educators--Utah--Loa--History--Sources; Legislators--Utah--Salt Lake City--History--Sources; Loa (Utah)--History--Sources; Material Types; Mormon Church--Missions--England--Sources; Mormon missionaries--England--History--Sources; Mormons--England--History--Sources; Mormons--Utah--Loa--History--Sources; Mormons--Utah--Salt Lake City--History--Sources; Patriarchs (Mormon theology); Salt Lake City (Utah)--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Microfilms
- Processing Information
- Processed; Constance Thorpe; 1976.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Eckersley (Joseph) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Constance Thorpe
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:30-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid encoded in English.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Biographical Info:
Joseph Eckersley (1866-1960) was a prominent leader in Wayne County, Utah, state legislator, lawyer, educator, legal advisor in the Presiding Bishopric's Office of the Mormon Church, and Mormon patriarch in the Salt Lake Stake.
Prominent leader in Wayne County, Utah, state legislator, lawyer, educator, legal advisor in the Presiding Bishopric's Office, and patriarch in the Salt Lake Stake, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS FM 8
Help with this Collection
Curator - 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts