John Lyon photographs
John Lyon photographs
Dates: circa 1850-1906
Collection includes 11 photographs and two negatives with images of John Lyon and other members of the Lyon family. Photographs were originally taken between the 1850s and 1906.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lyon, John, 1803-1889. -- Lyon, Ted
- Call Number: MSS P 1595
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Negatives; Condition restricted; permission to use items must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Lyon photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS P 1595; John Lyon photographs; Photograph Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS P 1595, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Photographs were collected by Ted Lyon and previously contained in the John Lyon papers (MSS 1595), and were separated for preservation during processing.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; T. Edgar Lyon; 1990.
- Related Material
- See also the John Lyon papers (MSS 1595), John Lyon collection (MSS 2371), the David Ross Lyon collection (MSS 2370), the Thomas Edgar Lyon, Sr. collection (MSS 2341), and the Thomas Edgar Lyon, Jr. collection (MSS 2372).
- Subject Terms
- Lyon, John, 1803-1889--Photographs
- Genre / Form
- Negatives; Photographs
- Physical Location
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602.
- Appraisal Information
- Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lyon (John) photographs
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Abe Austin
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-06-19T16:30-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
John Lyon (1803-1889) was a Scottish immigrant and convert to the Mormon Church who became a leader in several Utah groups. He was a poet and a Mormon patriarch.
comments powered by Disqus