George Beard photographs
George Beard photographs
Dates: approximately 1880-1949
Collection consists primarily of pictorial landscapes from Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming. Also includes photographs of the Beard family and other individuals.
- Extent: 22 boxes (11 linear ft.). -- 3 oversize boxes (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Beard, George, 1854-1944 -- Photographs
- Call Number: MSS P 3
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Photograph Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Negatives. Condition restricted; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from George Beard photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS P 3; George Beard photographs; Photograph Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS P 3, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Beard family; 1983, 2001.
- Subject Terms
- Beard family--Photographs; Coalville (Utah)--Photographs; Glendale (Utah)--Photographs; Images; Landscapes--Idaho--Photographs; Landscapes--Utah--Summit County--Photographs; Landscapes--Utah--Uintah County--Photographs; Landscapes--Wyoming--Jackson Hole--Photographs; Landscapes--Wyoming--Photographs; Material Types; Mormons--Utah--Photographs; Salt Lake City (Utah)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Photographs; Saltair Resort (Utah)--Photographs
- Genre / Form
- Negatives; Photographs
- Appraisal Information
- Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Beard (George) photographs
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-12T04:29-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
George Beard (1855-1944) was a Mormon pioneer, photographer, merchant, bishop, mayor, and legislator. Beard was born in Stoneheads, Cheshire, England. In 1868 he joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and immigrated to Utah with several family members. He settled in Coalville, Utah, and married Loveinia Bullock in 1877. Beard appears to have used his photographs as an aid in landscape painting, which he also engaged in.
comments powered by Disqus