About 600 photographs of people and places in Asia, taken between 1870 and 1949. This is an extensive collection focusing on cities and towns in Asia, various ethnic groups, and daily practices. Most of the photographs of China appear to have been taken just before Communism.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Call Number: MSS P 609
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Photograph Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public access; Kept in cold storage; requires 24 hours advance notice to access collection.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Asian photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS P 609; Asian photographs; Photograph Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS P 609, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- These items was donated to Special Collections in 1988.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; Ku-ling Wa; 1988.
- Related Material
- These items are part of the Photographs Archive.
- Subject Terms
- Cities and towns--Asia--Photographs; Indigenous peoples--Asia--Photographs
- Genre / Form
- Physical Location
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602.
- Appraisal Information
- Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Asian photographs
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Abe Austin
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-16T04:34-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus