Joseph Young letters
Joseph Young letters
Holograph letters addressed to Lewis Harvey dated 16 Nov. and 18 Nov. 1880. Young tells about his conversion to the Mormon Church and baptism into that faith in 1832. He also tells about his dealing with the Mormon prophet, Joseph Smith (1805-1844); about the Mormon Church in Kirtland, Ohio in the 1830s; and about the organizing of the Seven Presidents of the Seventies by Joseph Smith in 1835.
- Extent: 2 items (6 p.)(0.05 linear ft.)
- Creator: Young, Joseph, 1797-1881
- Call Number: MSS SC 1001
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Young letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1001; Joseph Young letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1001, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Chad Flake in 1978.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Chad Flake; 1978.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. First Council of the Seventy--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--19th century; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Ohio--Kirtland--History; Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Correspondence; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Young (Joseph) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-30T04:08-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Member of the Seven Presidents of the Seventies (1835-1881) for the Mormon Church and brother of the Mormon prophet, Brigham Young (1801-1877).
comments powered by Disqus