John Hunton papers
John Hunton papers
Government contracts and correspondence between Hunton and the Headquarters Department of the Platte at Fort Laramie and Fort Fetterman, Wyoming, concerning the acquisition and transportation of army supplies, and including information on the closing of Fort Laramie and Hunton's acquisition of certain military bridges. Other miscellaneous documents include the relief papers for three soldiers, a receipt roll for clothing issued to enlisted men, a circular letter (carbon) from the Army Hospital Corps in Omaha, Nebraska, and five personal letters.
- Extent: 6 folders (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hunton, John, 1839-1928
- Call Number: MSS SC 103
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for Public Research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Hunton papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 103; John Hunton papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 103, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Fred A. Rosenstock, 1974.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Fred A. Rosenstock; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- United States. Army--Maneuvers; United States. Army--Supplies and stores; Fort Fetterman (Wyo.)--History; Fort Laramie (Wyo.)--History; Military; Military bases--United States; Military bridges; Military supplies; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hunton (John) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-09T04:10-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Post trader and rancher from Bordeaux, Wyoming.
comments powered by Disqus