Henry Decamp letter
Henry Decamp letter
Holograph letter and typewritten copy. The item was written by Henry Decamp, in Sacramento, California, to his wife, Anne Mariah DeCamp, on 19 Aug. 1850. Henry arrived at the mines of Hang Town on 16 July and worked in the mines there "four days and made from 2 to 9 dollars per day." He later worked "getting timber." Henry expressed sorrow in now receiving a letter from his wife and indicated that he was homesick and wanted to return home soon.
- Extent: 1 item (2 p.) + 2 leaves
- Creator: Decamp, Henry
- Call Number: MSS SC 1070
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Henry Decamp letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1070; Henry Decamp letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1070, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by J. W. Ulmer in 1978.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; J. W. Ulmer; 1978.
- Subject Terms
- Decamp, Henry--Correspondence; Agriculture and Natural Resources; California--History--1846-1850--Sources; Gold mines and mining--California--History--Sources; Hang Town (Calif.)--History--Sources; Mines and Mineral Resources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Decamp (Henry) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T16:38-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus