Sybren van Dyk diary
Sybren van Dyk diary
Bound photocopies of a holograph manuscript. The first part of the document (51 leaves) is in English and tells about Sybren's activities as Mission President in Holland. It also lists the names of those baptized. The remaining section is in Dutch and is translations of excerpts from Mormon Church pamphlets and brief accounts of events in the history of that religion. At the end of the document is written, "Loa Waine County. Utah 16 May 1894 S. van Dyk." Duplicated are held at the LDS Church Historical Department in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Extent: 1 v.
- Creator: Dyk, Sybren Van, 1827-1899
- Call Number: MSS SC 1084
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Sybren Van Dyk diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1084; Sybren Van Dyk diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1084, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- Dyk, Sybren Van, 1827-1899--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Netherlands; Mormon missionaries--Netherlands--History; Mormons--Netherlands--History--Sources; Netherlands--Church history--19th century--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dyk (Sybren van) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Patsy Shin Hernandez
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:16-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Sybren van Dyk (1827-1899) was a Dutch Mormon and twice president of the Netherlands Mission for the Mormon Church, 1871-1874 and 1880-1882. He came to Utah in 1869 and settled in Loa.
comments powered by Disqus