Photocopies of copyright certificates that were partially printed and partially handwritten. These state that the Mormon Prophet, Joseph Smith (1805-1844), "deposited in this office the title of a book the right wehereof he claims as author." The document relates to the publication of the Book of Mormon. The item also explains the claimed authorship of the book as being composed by ancient writers.
- Extent: 2 p. (0.04 linear ft.)
- Creator: New York (State)
- Call Number: MSS SC 1123
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Copyright certificate must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1123; Copyright certificate; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1123, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 1974.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- Smith, Joseph, 1805-1844; Book of Mormon--History--Sources; Material Types; Publications
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Copyright certificate
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T16:42-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus