T. C. Abbott papers
T. C. Abbott papers
Two handwritten reminiscences, a newspaper article, and a postcard. One reminiscence is entitled "The Texas Trail" and contains information about life on the cattle trail and personal recollections of cattle drives from Texas to Montana, Wyoming, and Nebraska in the mid to late 1800's. The other reminiscence is entitled "An Indian Raid on the Rosebud, Custer Co., Montana in March 1884" and is an account of dealings between the Cheyenne Indians and local whites. The newspaper gives an account of Abbott's acquaintance with Sam Bass, the outlaw. Abbott states that the picture on the post cart "The Trail Boss," is the best picture Charlie Russell ever drew.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.05 linear ft.) : (4 items; 30 p.)
- Creator: Abbott, E. C. (Edward Charles), 1860-1939
- Call Number: MSS SC 1168
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from T.C. Abbott papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- "The Texas Trail," and "An Indian Raid on the Rosebud."
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1168; T.C. Abbott papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1168, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 1974.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- Cheyenne Indians--History; Agriculture and Natural Resources; Ranching; Texas Cattle Trail--History; Cowboys--Montana--History; Cattle trails--United States--History; Trails--Texas--History; Bass, Sam, 1851-1878; Abbott, E. C. (Edward Charles), 1860-1939
- Genre / Form
- Newspapers; Postcards; Reminiscences
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Abbott (T. C.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-08-21 11:35:33 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
American cowboy also known as "Teddy Blue."
comments powered by Disqus