Handwritten and signed deed documenting the purchase of 166.5 acres of land for $500. Accompanying the deed is a document, written by Isaac Higbee, certifying the deed's legality and file number in the Caldwell County Records Office.
- Extent: 2 items (4 p.)
- Creator: Higbee, Isaac, 1797-1874. -- Rich, Joseph, 1786
- Call Number: MSS SC 1196
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Land deed must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1196; Land deed; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1196, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- Rich family; Rich, Nancy; Agriculture; Agriculture and Natural Resources; Caldwell County (Mo.)--History; Mormon pioneers--History; Mormons--Missouri--History
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Land deed
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-12T04:12-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon handcart pioneer and patriarch.
comments powered by Disqus