L.P. Hartley letters
L.P. Hartley letters
Handwritten and signed letters addressed to David Horner. In the first, dated 16 May 1953, Hartley looks forward to a dinner engagement. The second, dated 23 March 1956, relates gratitude for Horner's congratulations on his receipt of a C.B.E. A letter dated 6 November 1956 and written from Venice gives a detailed description of the advantages and disadvantages of the Hotel Regina, and relates news of Victor Cunard and Freya Stark. The fourth letter, dated 8 April 1967, is devoted to reflections on the recent death of Hartley's close friend C.H.B. Kitchin.
- Extent: 4 items (16 p.)(0.05 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hartley, L. P. (Leslie Poles), 1895-1972
- Call Number: MSS SC 1246
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from L.P. Hartley letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1246; L.P. Hartley letters; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1246, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased in 1980.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; 1980.
- Subject Terms
- Hartley, L. P. (Leslie Poles), 1895-1972--Correspondence; Horner, David; Kitchin, C. H. B. (Clifford Henry Benn), 1895-1967; Stark, Freya; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Authors, English--Biography--Sources; Critics--Great Britain--Biography--Sources; Literature; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hartley (L.P.) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T16:43-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
English novelist, short-story writer, and critic.
comments powered by Disqus